Friday, March 10, 2006

Quotes I Have Liked

Hallmark card portion of the program. Sometimes things I have read stick with me. Go figure. I guess it has to happen sometimes. Skip this post if it's all too deep and shit for you.

We are the same people, only futher from home.
--Lawrence Ferlinghetti

Stop leaving and you will arrive. Stop searching and you will see. Stop running away and you will be found. --Lao Tzu

I thought that in New York, the charming eccentricity of someone in his twenties can become a grotesque deformity when he enters his fifties, since this is a city where no one conforms to a general, civilized code of behavior... --Edmund White

(Banville) conveys the narrator's anguish, as he comes to an understanding that 'we are defined and have our being through others;' and must realign ourselves when those closest to us disappear
--from some book review in the New Yorker

No comments: