Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Eatin' Out: Little Giant

85 Orchard @ Broome St
212-226-5047
I had one fantastic meal here on Friday night with Ms. O'Connor. As per my favorite style of eating, we had 5 appetizers/small dishes instead of 2 main courses, lingering over the creative combinations of tastes while stuffing our faces for almost 3 hours. The chestnut soup was swirled with nutmeg, creating a meld of flavors that still has me smacking my lips days later thinking about it. Roasted baby brussel sprouts with maple syrup were perfect. A huge portion of chicken liver mousse served with mache, onion-fig compote and hazelnuts tempted me to put the extra in my bag for a snack later. The beet salad with sauteed beet greens and Humboldt Fog cheese, and the endive salad were fresh and gorgeous, and a three-cheese plate of female-made American artisanal cheeses plus a glass of Fonseca finished off a really amazing meal.

Reservations recommended.

No comments: