Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Ways to Ingratiate Yourself to New Clientele

This bar opened up literally 50 yards from my front door about two weeks ago. It's bar number 7 down on the Franklin Street corridor, for those of you keeping count. This one is owned by a nice fellow who I vaguely know from him working at Spuyten Duyvil for a few years. As you might guess, it's a big beer geek bar, while also offering about 6 wines by the glass or bottle.

I figure I stop in there regularly until I can basically walk over in my slippers and not have it seem all that weird. I stopped in for a nightcap last evening, and not only did the owner offer me several wines to taste while we bullshitted about wine and the neighborhood, but he also gave me 2/3rds of a bottle of a tasty Muscat to take home.

New favorite bar! Nice.

No comments: