Friday, August 11, 2006

Farney leading the NL wild card race

I cannot find video online of Ryan Freel's apparently amazing catch for the Cincinnati Reds on Tuesday against the Cards and Pujols, but I did find this quote in the Dayton Daily News.
"Ryan Freel said not even Farney believed that Freel made the stupendous diving catch on Albert Pujols Tuesday.

Farney? Who's Farney?

"He's a little guy who lives in my head who talks to me and I talk to him," said Freel, acting as if he finally crashed into too many walls, ran into too many catchers and dived into too many dugouts.

"That little midget in my head said, 'That was a great catch, Ryan,' I said, 'Hey, Farney, I don't know if that was you who really caught that ball, but that was pretty good if it was.' Everybody thinks I talk to myself, so I tell 'em I'm talking to Farney.' "
Wow, hard to believe the guy has TWO DUIs, huh?? Go Reds!

Nice article in the NY Times this week, too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Linky on this page

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/gameday_recap.jsp?ymd=20060808&content_id=1599157&vkey=recap&fext=.jsp&c_id=cin

SKL said...

gotta pay to see it...