Thursday, April 05, 2007

Christ on a Bike

First week of April and it's fucking snowing on my way to work. I want to put in my damn garden but am afraid it might freeze out in May. Gonna be another cold one for the Wood Memorial this Saturday at Aqueduct.

The Wood is supposed to be Aqueduct's finest spring day, with the Grade 1s Wood and Carter, and the Grade 3s Excelsior and Bay Shore on the card, but the past couple years have totally sucked, at least weather-wise. I'm disappointed that Circular Quay, one of my Derby faves after winning the Lousiana Derby, won't be running again until the Derby. Kind of a weird training plan - 8 weeks off between races, although it's similar to what Barbaro did last year (good news/bad news there). I'm gonna have to assume Pletcher knows what he's doing, and his replacement runner Any Given Saturday is another colt I'm into, dueling against what will probably be the co-fave in Nobiz Like Showbiz. This Saturday's race schedule with the Wood at Aqueduct, the Santa Anita Derby at Santa Anita and the Illinois Derby at Hawthorne should provide a good shakedown of who'll be on top on the first Saturday in May

In bowling news, we went 1 for 3 last night, hopefully retaining our grip on 18th place, and I finally broke 100. We lost to Gawker, but were able to ridicule "their little blog" and claim that we were both Highlights and/or Sunset when first asked who we worked for. They did a lot of digital filming and we did a lot of jabbering on said film, so little afraid we are going to show up on their site today later....

UPDATE: Video here. A couple of our male designers are at the end, coulda been funnier.

So there you go: weather, horse racing and bowling are what's on my mind this AM. I'm already like some weird 78-year-old woman.

No comments: