Sunday, March 16, 2008

Bad Logos

SL and I are staying at the Excelsior Hotel in Causeway Bay in Hong Kong for 4 nights before I go to China tomorrow to print this job. Four star hotel, schmancy enough for a hotel princess like myself (Don't judge me. How I LOVE LOVE LOVE a good hotel!) part of the Mandarin Oriental chain with great views of Victoria Harbor from our room on the 26th floor.

Seriously though, what is up with this logo of theirs? It's on everything, and for the life of me, I can't figure it out. Is it some stylized Chinese character?? I hate crap design that makes no sense, and this is a perfect example. They can afford a great design team, and should do better.

More on Hong Kong to come when I have a bit more time and don't HAVE to run out and eat dim sum for the third time in four days. Man. Food is so good here....

No comments: